Foreign Entertainers Tax

Peter Gregory from Night Out in Wales writes:

The levels at which you have to withold tax have changed -  it used to be £1000 but according to HMRC web site it now says:

Do not withhold tax if the total payments made to an individual or group, including any connected payments by an associate, will be equal to or less than the UK Personal Allowance for the tax year. The tax year runs from 6 April in one year to 5 April in the following year. The Personal Allowance normally changes each year, the current years Personal Allowance can be obtained from the 'Income Tax rates and allowances' section of the HMRC website.

So for the current year 2012 that is £8,105.  

Thanks for the information Peter.  To join in the discussion add a comment here or go to the discussion area of the website.


Commenting is now closed.