Job Opportunity: Inn Crowd Pubs+ Project Manager
Job Title: Inn Crowd Pubs+ Project Manager
Company Address: The Yard, 2a Speldhurst Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN40DP
Reports to: Director of Project Lead - Applause Rural Touring and Inn Crowd Pubs+ Steering Group
Applause Rural Touring, in partnership with the rural touring agency for the East of England, Creative Arts East and National Centre for Writing, have received substantial support from Arts Council England to develop Inn Crowd Pubs+ - a project that brings high quality live literature events to rural pubs across England.
Inn Crowd Pubs+ builds on Inn Crowd, a unique and innovate audience and performance development project supported by ACE strategic touring awards from 2016 and ending in September 2019. The project established a network of largely rural promoting pubs across the South and Southeast of England and latterly piloted working with additional rural touring schemes nationally to develop the reach of Inn Crowd. National Centre for Writing led the artistic programme, developing through commission and reshape opportunities, exciting spoken word, poetry and storytelling performances that would be appropriate, flexible and interesting for rural pub venues to host. National charity, Pub is the Hub, has acted as a strategic partner in the project and supporting the development of promoting pubs as well as contributing to associated research and evaluation.
Village pubs can play a central role in rural community life and Inn Crowd has offered landlords a new way to attract customers and create a unique performing environment for some of the UK’s most talented up-and-coming spoken word artists.
Inn Crowd Pubs+ is a strategic progression of Inn Crowd and from Sept 2019 - Aug 2022. Inn Crowd Pubs+ will increase the production and touring infrastructure of live literature related work to alternative and emerging touring venues across the country engaging with a range of new partnerships including 5 further rural touring partners. Artistic impact will include 28 new reshape and commissions for live literature artists and companies reaching over 30,000 audience members regionally and additional audiences through digital distribution. Over 300 live touring dates will take place and touring venue types will be further extended to a range of other new spaces such as restaurants, social clubs, cafes and bottle shops. Audience reach will be enhanced with broadcast events though established regional screening models and new partnerships.
We are recruiting a Project Manager who will deliver Inn Crowd activity developing the project with the guidance as set out in the planning to date. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project although there will be elements that they will not directly deliver.
Main areas of activity:
- Act as central point of project communications and management, providing central coordination for the national touring including: booking the programme of work with wider touring partners and liaising with the primary partners as set out in the project plan
- Develop, maintain and report against area-wide project delivery plan
- Champion, advocate for and create connections for the project at national level
- Lead on digital planning and implementation
- Effectively managing the project budget
- Offer operational support across the wider touring partnership
- Provide marketing and comms support across the project activity
- Plan, host and disseminate notes/actions from partnership meetings
- Manage any administrative duties associated with the role
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing and stakeholder updates
- Strong computer literacy and confidence in using the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of and interest in the arts
- Experience of managing similar projects of comparable scale and ambition
- Financial management experience including managing a budget
- An understanding of the needs of rural communities and businesses
- Experience of representing an organisation publicly through the media and events
- Experience of working successfully and harmoniously in a small team
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Self-reliant with the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and organise workload, and meet deadlines
- Excellent team working and collaborative skills with the ability to relate to and work with a range of people to achieve success
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a wide range of people
- Ability to problem solve, apply creative solutions, be resourceful and ‘make things happen’
- A strong commitment to inclusion and diversity
- An ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends when required
Terms and Conditions
Full Time £25k
This is a summary of the terms and conditions.
Pension: The company operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme in line with current government legislation.
Contract: Fixed term for 3 years.
Hours: 35 hours per week. No overtime is payable, but time off in lieu for excess working hours may be agreed with the line manager. There will be regular evening and weekend hours, with occasional overnight stays away.
Holiday Entitlement: 23 days per annum, pro rata (excluding statutory holidays), increasing by 1 day per annum (pro rata) to a maximum of 25 after 12 months service on 1 September.
Place of work: Location is flexible but with the requirement to work form Applause’s office at agreed times
There will be a six month probationary period. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of:
• Evidence of the right to work in the UK as defined by the Home Office
Making an application
Please submit a CV and accompanying letter of application by email to email@example.com
Closing Date – 9am Tuesday 10 th September 2019