New Directions Showcase Festival 2012gallery
On the 15th and 16th June 2012 the NRTF hosted the first of a new bi-annual showcase festival at Warwick Arts Centre.
China Plate were engaged to curate a programme of work over 2 days showcasing a range of entertaining, surprising and stimulating performance made for the curious and characterised by a spirit of adventure.
Our aim was twofold:
- to introduce delegates to exciting new work, hitherto unknown artists or artists whose work is moving in an exciting new direction
- to introduce a range of artists and companies to the rural touring network for the first time
The programme was presented with a view to expanding the programming opportunities open to the schemes in the future rather than presenting a menu of work that is tour ready.
The programme featured bold and exciting work from a diverse range of artists practising across the genres of theatre, dance, music and live art who fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Emerging artists/companies keen to be introduced to the network
- More experienced companies as yet unknown to the network but interested in making the connection
- Exciting companies not currently making work for rural touring but who might in the future and are keen to meet us
- Exciting companies unlikely to make work for rural touring but extraordinary examples of a particular style of work
- Companies already known to the network whose practice is moving in a new and exciting direction
- The programme included work presented as a pitch, in excerpt or in full and will actively seek to engage with artists new to rural touring.
Artists presented included Uninvited Guests with Love Letters Straight from Your Heart