New Directions 2018 – Travel Information
ADDRESS OF VENUE
St John's Campus, University of Worcester, St John's Campus, Henwick Grove, St John's, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
Worcester is served by the M5 motorway and is accessible from Junctions 6 and 7. Under normal traffic conditions all university campuses can be reached in 15-20 minutes from Junction 7. The University is clearly signposted once you come off at Junction 7.
Sat Nav: St John’s Campus: WR2 6AJ
Car Parking: There several car parks around the St John’s Campus, car park M (Long Stay) is the largest and cheapest car park. To find each car park please view the St John’s campus map and for the latest prices for each car park please see the Finance webpage.
A car displaying a Registered Disabled badge will not be charged a car park charge.
Worcester is served by two train stations:
- Worcester Foregate Street - situated in the city center and is a 25 to 30 minute walk from the University or 5 minutes by taxi.
- Worcester Shrub Hill - is a 40 to 45 minute walk from the University or 10 minutes by taxi.
Approximate travel times:
- Birmingham New Street - 50 minutes
- Bristol Temple Meads - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cardiff Central - 1 hour 50 minutes
- Exeter Central - 3 hours 25 minutes
- London Paddington - 2 hours 20 minutes
- Manchester Piccadilly - 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cathedral Cars - 01905 767400
- VIP TAXIS - 01905 678678
- Worcester Taxis Ltd - 14 East St · 01905 700777
The numbers 31 operated by First travel connect the St John's Campus to the City Centre Bus Station and City Campus. The bus stops are located outside on St Johns Campus outside the Students' Union building and near Severn gate. The First bus 31 service runs from Worcester bus station to St Johns Campus between 06:42 and 22:45 (every 10 min between 9:15 and 17:25) Monday to Friday.
Take a bus from Crowngate bus station (bus number 31, 31B or 31E) to the University St John’s campus.
- Network West Midlands helps you plan your journey and find out when the next bus service will be arriving at the University of Worcester.
- National Express Coaches serve the city of Worcester, arriving into Worcester Bus Station which is situated in the Crowngate Shopping Centre in the City Centre.
The St John’s campus is easily reached by local and national cycle routes and has many cycle parking facilities on campus. Use the cycle route journey planner to help work out your route.
There are nearly 1000 locations throughout the university where you can secure your bike. The majority are Sheffield-type hoops, and many are located under cover. A large Bike-shed is located by the Halls on St John's campus. To have your card activated so you can use this facility complete the form below. Showers and lockers are available at all campuses.
There is a free to use bike repair stand on St Johns campus with tools, a stand to hold your bike whilst you repair it, and a bike pump. This is located next to the Bike shop. The Bike Shop is open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12.00-2.00 in semester and slightly reduced hours out of term time. Map here
Please see our Facilities for Cyclists campus map to see all cycle parking locations.
If arriving by train and you have the time, the walk from Worcester Foregate Street station to the St John's Campus takes approximately 25 to 30 minutes. To help find your way you can download a directional map.