Rural Touring Dance Initiative
"Making the very best dance happen in small spaces’’
- Rural Touring Dance Initiative to host satellite sessions for Dance Artists. More information here.
- Rural Touring Dance Initiative seeks new Marketing Manager, read full job description and find out how to apply by clicking here.
- Go & See offer for promoters and scheme managers - download document from 'Downloads' section to the right of this page
- Dance Artists Sought to create new shows for rural audiences - for more information click here
Since 2015 the NRTF have joined forces with The Place, Take Art and China Plate to launch an innovative initiative for making and touring dance performances to and for rural areas. Originally a 3 year project RTDI has now been extended for a further 3 years making the project live until summer 2021.
The aims of the project are as follows;
- To seek out great dance companies that are excited to tour rurally
- To support rural promoters and schemes to build audiences for dance in rural spaces
The project offers the following;
- Curated dance Menus available to NRTF members - Menu 3 was launched on 12th January 2018 and can be accessed here. It features some of the most dynamic and charismatic contemporary dance companies in the Uk. They are Lost Dog, bgroup, Phoenix Dance Theatre, James Wilton Dance, Lila Dance, Joan Cleville Dance and Uchenna Dance. They are joined by Corali, Shane Shambhu and Tom Dale Dance. Rural Touring Schemes now have until 19th February to register their expressions of interest.
- Induction into Rural Touring for companies new to the sector and ongoing support
- Commissioning opportunities
- ‘Go and See’ opportunities for promoters, schemes and artists
- Participation opportunities particularly for Young People
- Tool Kit information sheets – downloadable from the 'Downloads' box on the right.
You can read all about the first phase of the project on our RTDI Archive page.
For current show listings for Spring 18 touring click here.
To join our mailing list or any other queries contact Claire Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the logos below to find out more about our partners.
The project has been made possible by a grant from Arts Council England’s Lottery funded Strategic Touring Programme.
Whoever you are – if you want to keep in touch with what’s going on you can visit this page, click on the links to the right for more information and latest news stories and check out the links to our partners page and the background to the project. Details on the first two seasons of the project can be found on the RTDI Archive page.
If you’d like to be added to the rural dance mailing list, to be among the first to know the latest project news, please email Alice Porter at email@example.com.
Rural Touring Dance Initiative: Top Tips for Dance Artists when Rural Touring: