We are delighted to announce that the NRTF has been successful in its
bid to secure £379,560 through the Arts Council of England Strategic
Touring funds to support a dance and rural areas touring initiative,
with NRTF member schemes as key delivery partners. Working with project
partners, The Place, China Plate and Take Art, we are embarking on a
3-year project to enable substantially more dance touring to take place
in rural England, Wales and Scotland as well as encouraging more dance
companies and artists to engage with the rural touring sector. The
project has a total budget of £500,000 and more detail will follow as
plans for a launch are finalised.
The Strategic Touring programme is designed to encourage collaboration between organisations, so that more people across England experience and are inspired by the arts, particularly in places which rely on touring for much of their arts provision. Its aims are that people across England have improved access to great art visiting their local area.
- better access to high quality work for people in places in England which rely on touring for much of their arts provision
- more high quality work to reach people and places with the least engagement
- more high quality work on tour connecting more effectively with people across a wide range of venues
- stronger relationships forged between those involved in artistic, audience and programme development on both the supply and demand side of touring
- a wide range of high quality work on tour, including in particular more work by and for children and young people, and more work by and for people from diverse backgrounds