Farnham Maltings is proud to announce a joint commission with Unlimited for a project that gives innovative and exciting responses to the context of rural touring and village halls, and that place audiences at the heart of their artistic process.
We can provide expert advice and resources to those who are invited to submit a full application to the Farnham Maltings and Unlimited partnership award. It is expected that the commissioned piece will tour to at least 3 rural communities during the project and be available to tour or shown by Spring 2020.
Projects wishing to be considered for this award will also need to meet the following criteria:
- to be in the form of an event and/or performance
- to be innovative, ambitious and quality driven
- have audience response and engagement at the heart of their creative process
- strong track record of creating work and reaching audiences
- strong artist/producer relationship evidenced
- strong collaborations and partnerships (these can include those with non-disabled led companies/artists/producers)
- technically suitable for touring into village halls and rural contexts
- lead artist or company is resident in England or Wales
- are applying for up to £25,000
Gavin Stride, Director of Farnham Maltings says “For us, there are extraordinary opportunities in making work for village halls and we want to encourage everybody to explore what happens when you make work with geographic communities rather than necessarily arts goers. There is something democratic in spaces in which everyone enters and leaves through the same door.
We want to make sure that the widest set of artists are offered the opportunity to play in this context. To discover what is special and ordinary in a space in which most people are turning up, not for the theatre but because something is happening in their community.”
Artists are invited to apply in the first instance with expressions of interest by 12pm 29th October 2018.
For more information and details of how to apply click here.