Babylon Arts are offering nine micro commissions for creative practitioners of any artform, to provide a gentle springboard for them to work up a new or existing early idea, that is about connecting people in East Cambridgeshire with the arts in some way.
This opportunity is aimed at creative practitioners who have some experience in delivering socially engaged arts activities or projects that make connections with people.
- A micro commission payment of £200 for each of the nine creative practitioners that are selected from their expression of interest.
- The chance to discuss your idea with a panel of creatives and project managers to get feedback, make connections and gain suggestions for next steps.
- The opportunity to have your idea selected for a £2000 commission to develop and bring to life your project, so that it can be tested/delivered to an identified audience, group or community based in East Cambridgeshire. We have one £2000 commission available.
- The opportunity to have two, one-to-one coaching sessions with a qualified careers coach
All you need to do:
To get started, creative practitioners need to submit an expression of interest either by completing this short online form, or sending in a video of no more than 2 minutes, covering the following points:
- Your name
- Two or three sentences describing your experience in delivering socially engaged arts activities or projects
- A brief outline of your idea – this might be something like “As a filmmaker, I’ve been thinking about how we use our smartphones to capture and edit films and I have the spark of an idea about how to use this technology to create a film with young carers or young people excluded from school…”
- You might show us an example of your work or provide a visual reference point for your initial idea.
If submitting a film you will need to provide your postcode and contact telephone number in the email too.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest is 10am on Monday 26th April 2021.
More information about the programme can be downloaded from the Babylon Arts website here.