Introduction and one-to-one conversations with artists
Culturapedia work with artists and the people of Lancashire to bring fantastic opportunities for cultural engagement to the county. Would you like to be one of those artists in the next couple of years?
Culturapedia has emerged from the Covid 19 pandemic stronger and more ambitious than ever to make a positive change to the lives of people in Lancashire. We can only do this if we work with the best performers, writers and artists available – no matter where you may be in the country.
We are running a ‘getting to know you’ session. Like everyone, we have missed those usual networking opportunities to meet new people, share ideas, and see new work over the last two years. This is a chance to start conversations as we head into a new phase. We want to expand our address book and meet new creatives. We also want to find out what our old friends are up to.
We invite you to an online presentation about our projects and plans on Thursday 3 February at 2pm or 7pm. This will be followed by a chance of a 20 minute one-to-one with one of our team on Monday 7th February. We’re dying to meet you.
Our project and plans currently include:
- The return of Spot On library and rural touring bringing superb professional performing arts direct to communities across Lancashire
- Performances suitable for Burnley Front Room – part of our partnership with Burnley Mechanics
- A season of small scale outdoor performances across Lancashire in the Summer
- Makers and artists to feature in our award-winning At Home Newspaper
- Opportunities leading up to and including the first-ever Burnley Words Festival in March 2023
- A new outdoor theatre commission for Spot On and Burnley Words Festival
- A third and fourth digital art commission, curated by young librarians, to add to our small but growing digital gallery
- More low-cost-capture digital shorts – ten-minute audiovisual adventures
The presentations will be live on Zoom. We will record and caption one of the presentations. Please let us know if you have any access needs that we can address.
You will not receive an automatic confirmation. We will email a link to the presentation and your one-to-one by Tuesday, 1st February.
Please note that attending a session does not guarantee any work or employment with Culturapedia and its associated projects.