Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival are seeking to appoint a Strategic & Creative Director
Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival are seeking to appoint a Strategic and Creative Director with vision and imagination to lead the future development of Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival. We are looking for someone with:
- A good knowledge of the contemporary performing arts scene;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Significant experience in festival programming;
- Strong evidence of writing successful funding applications
The job covers six key areas.
- Programming the annual Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival.
- Programming of Arts Live year-round.
- Programming for Stage iT, our young people.
- Writing funding applications and reporting on the overall projects.
- Strategic financial management
- Working with venues, promoters and performing artists across the region to develop skills and opportunities for the performing arts to flourish.
This is a full-time post (35 hours per week); we are offering a salary of £37,000. This will be a one-year appointment in the first instance subject to the successful completion of a one-month probationary period. However, the Board wishes to make this a permanent post subject to successful funding applications.
The successful candidate will normally work from the Festival office at Gracefield Arts Centre, Dumfries.
If you wish to be considered for the post and would like an information and application pack, please email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 12 noon on Wednesday 3rd February
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 17th February via Zoom, 10.30am onwards.