Job Advert – NRTF Event Coordinator
Job Vacancy Advertisement
Freelance Event Coordinator
Application Out: 6 April 2023
Application Deadline: 12 noon 25 April 2023
Interviews: 27 April 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Job Title: Event Coordinator (Conference)
Aim of Role: Short-term contract to support the delivery of the 2023 NRTF conference.
Outline: Main point of contact for delegates, venues, technicians, artists and participants at the conference. Responsible for the smooth running of this event.
Details: With a particular focus on the artist’s showcase and speakers, this role will support the Project Manager and the rest of the NRTF team to manage the logistics of the 2023 NRTF Conference and ensure its success.
Position reports to: Project Manager
Hours: 13 days (4 for conference, 9 days pre-event).
Location: Home working except for during conference 26 – 29 June Conference dates 27-29 June 23 in Shrewsbury, Shropshire Flexible working hours.4 days at the conference. 1 day is needed for washup. Travel will be required. Some evenings
Salary/Fee: Freelance £130 per day
Expenses: Accommodation is provided during the conference plus travel, in line with the expenses policy
Holiday: Not available with this contract
Identity Checks: Confirmation of the right to work in UK
Notice Period: 2 weeks from both parties
This job is a great opportunity to contribute to the work of the National Rural Touring Forum. NRTF works with partners across the UK to develop and deliver high-quality artistic work and cultural experiences. We aim to reach more people with high-quality art and cultural experiences – strengthening rural communities.
NRTF believes that every village has the potential to become a cultural centre and therefore of interest and value to major funders and policymakers. These include the Arts Council England (ACE), Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and other government, arts and culture sector organisations.
NRTF is looking for an experienced and motivated individual who aligns with its values to join a small but ambitious team. The role is to support and facilitate the delivery of the organisation’s core objectives and responsibilities to its members.
Applicants will need to be efficient with their time, organised in their approach and flexible to changing demands. Experience in marketing, communications, and admin support is essential. While the role requires you to work remotely, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with the team and board as well as the organisation’s diverse community of partners and members.
Prior to the conference:
- Dealing with artist, and delegate queries in the run-up to the event
- Supporting the Project Manager with logistics, operations and delivery of the conference
- Supporting the Communications Manager to collect/collate and confirm delegate details
- Ensuring all artists/participants provide programme content, signed contracts, invoices
- Liaise with all artists/participants prior to the conference to determine additional support needs, transport, storage, set-up, accommodation, and dietary requirements
- Liaise with the venues and technicians regarding tech requirements for all participants to ensure adequate provision is in place. Includes hiring kit in line with budget
- Support the Project Manager to confirm all catering requirements
- Support the Project Manager to complete risk assessments and licenses
During the conference:
- Responsible for sign-in of all delegates and participants on arrival.
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff, delegates and participants during the event
- Managing the smooth running of the conference programme throughout
- Ensuring catering is delivered on time and with any additional dietary requirements met
- Helping with the get-in and get-out of artists and speakers for each venue
- Main contact and support for participants and delegates during the event
- Supporting the team to do a full review and feedback after the event
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in delivering events including technical requirements
- Knowledge of managing artists, and speakers in a conference environment
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Confidence in representing NRTF and speaking to delegates, artists and speakers
- Understanding of key performance indicators in events management
- Excellent multitasking and task prioritisation skills
- Experience in writing risk assessments and event safety
- Understanding of working with venues for get-ins, get-outs and tech hire
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience working in the Rural Touring sector
- Knowledge & experience in making, producing and/or touring work
- Proficiency in project management tools
Equal Opportunities Employer Statement
NRTF is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality, diversity, anti-racism, and anti-ableism and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Equal opportunities mean that everyone should have an equal chance to apply and be selected for posts and to be trained or promoted equally and fairly. NRTF will only judge performance on the grounds of ability, experience, or potential. All employment decisions will be taken on an individual’s ability to undertake the role in question. If you would like to discuss access needs for the application form or the interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org To enable us to monitor the success of our EDI policy and inclusivity aims, each applicant, employee, volunteer, partner, and the contractor will be asked to fill out an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Application Information & Support
To apply please send either:
A cover letter (no more than one side of A4) or
A short audio or film (no more than 3 minutes long)
Articulating why you are applying for this job with the NRTF, briefly outline your skills and experiences that make you qualified for the role and an example of where you have proven that you are ambitious
- An up-to-date CV
- A completed Equal Opportunities Policy Statement and Form – https://forms.gle/2ufjWDD7DVSQ4SzHA
Email your Cover Letter or film and your CV and Equal Opps Form to: email@example.com
- Deadline: 12 noon 25 April 2023
- Interview: Will be via Zoom on 27 April 2023
- Director Holly Lombardo introduces the NRTF & what we are looking for in applicants.
- NRTF Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- NRTF Equal Opportunities Policy Form
- Film intro to Rural Touring
- For an audio version of this application – on request
- For a downloadable Microsoft Word version click here
- We are happy to answer your queries, and provide additional support and proposals for sending your application in alternative ways, please email your questions and requests here: firstname.lastname@example.org