Today Pentabus announce their 2022 Season which features a new commission touring in the autumn, the return of Pentabus Young Writers live production and three new digital projects including full length pieces written by their two most recent Clive Richards Foundation Writers-in-Residence.
- Back to the Light by Pentabus Young Writers, nine new short plays which will be showcased at the Courtyard Hereford on 12 and 13 July 2022.
- Little Bits of Ruined Beauty a new play by Tom Wentworth, commissioned with Unlimited and touring the West Midlands this autumn.
- Two new digital theatre pieces written by the most recent Pentabus Writers-in-Residence – DESTINY by Florence Espeut-Nickless and The Silence & the Noise by Tom Powell, a co-production with Rural Media.
- I’m Here, five new short digital commissions including the winner of the inaugural Pentabus Young Writers Alumni award.
- For two weeks only, from Friday 24 June, free access to watch the live capture of Matt Hartley’s Idyll which toured outdoor venues across the West Midlands and the Marches to critical and audience acclaim in summer 2021.
- Ten professionally produced new audio dramas written by Pentabus Young Writers National Group, to be released in September 2022.
In addition to this smorgasbord of new work, Melina Barnett joins Karishma Balani, Izzy Rabey, Sophie Stone, Anoushka Warden, Ross Willis, and Young Associates Callum Beardmore and Ruth Cowell, as a Pentabus Associate Artist.
Elle While, Pentabus Artistic Director said: ‘This season is full of hope and conversation and celebration as we step forward together in these challenging times. We are championing some of the UK’s most exciting playwrights to tell stories that will reach across generations and cultures to bring people together.’
For press enquiries please contact Catrin John – firstname.lastname@example.org or Verity Overs Morrell – email@example.com
Pentabus.co.uk | Youtube: PentabusTheatre | Instagram: Pentabustheatrecompany
Facebook: PentabusTheatre | Twitter: @pentabustheatre