Pride of Place 2020 Conference
Thurs, 26 March 2020
The Green Dragon Hotel
Are rural areas getting a fair bite of the apple? The Pride of Place 2020 conference is an arts, heritage and culture conversation in the heart of Herefordshire. Discuss culture-led rural regeneration with policy-makers, funders and cultural leaders, share innovative ideas, network with key organisations, and get your crucial questions answered. This is your chance to dig a little deeper into the role arts and heritage play in rural places across the UK.
The day will include:
- Laura Dyer MBE, Deputy Chief Executive, Places & Engagement, Arts Council England.
- Professor Simon Pemberton, Keele University. Author of Rural Regeneration in the UK.
- Clive Fletcher, Principal Advisor and Lead Specialist, Historic Places, Historic England. Author of Historic England Places Strategy.
Conversations and breakout sessions with:
- Rosie Millard, Chair of BBC Children in Need.
- Justine Wheatley, CEO of PEAK: Art in the Black Mountains
- Great Place: Lakes and Dales (Great Place Scheme)
- Northern Heartlands (Great Place Scheme)
- Create Gloucestershire
- Herefordshire’s A Great Place (Great Place Scheme)
- Ferrous Festival
With thanks to Arts Council England, National Lottery Heritage Fund and the Elmley Foundation for supporting this event. Tickets will include all refreshments, lunch, and workshops.
For more information please email JacquiG@ruralmedia.co.uk
For programme details as they are announced head to www.the-shire.co.uk/prideofplace2020.
For tickets, tap here.