Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival is the largest rural Performing Arts Festival in Scotland. It has been running a highly successful Festival each May since 1979.
In 2016 D&GAF embarked on a new venture and in addition to the Festival, it now works with a network of local promoters, venues and community groups to provide high quality performances all year round, under the banner Dumfries & Galloway Arts Live.
We are seeking to appoint a Programmer with vision and imagination to lead the future development of Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival and Arts Live.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good knowledge of the contemporary performing arts scene;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Significant experience in programming;
The contract covers two key areas.
- Programming the annual 10-day Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival.
- Programming of year-round Arts Live
Title: Freelance Programmer
Commission: For delivery of core;
- Finalise Arts Live Spring/Summer – March-August 2020
- Arts Live Autumn/Winter – August-January
- Arts Live Spring/Summer – February-July 2021
- 10-day Arts Festival – May/June 2021
Responsible to: General Manager
Liaising with: General Manager and Project & Communications Manager
Fee: £15,000, payable on completion of agreed targets
Contacts: Relevant local and national agencies, local and national performing artists and arts organisations, international networks and the public.
If you wish to be considered for the contract
and would like an information and application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12noon Tuesday 11th February 2020
If you are selected to attend an interview for this freelance contract you will be informed by Thursday 13th February 2020
Interviews will take place on Monday 24th February in Dumfries.
As part of the interview process you will be required to make a 10 minute presentation on your vision for Programming Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival and Arts Live. This will be followed by a formal interview.