- ROLE: Technical (Touring)
- JOB TYPE: Freelance ITC/Equity Contract
- DATES: 1 st May – 23 May 2022 + appropriate prep work. (4 week contract) Role to resume for September/October/ November 2022.
- LOCATION: Rehearsals will take place in Perthshire before touring commences in North England and across Scotland /England in the Autumn.
- FEE: £ 750.00 per week + holiday pay + travel, subsistence & meal allowance paid in line with ITC / Equity rates
About the show
6 Feet, 3 Shoes is a small-scale show with dance, live music, song and text. We will be touring a multitude of village halls and small venues in rural areas. Some venues will have technical equipment; however, some have none. For this reason, we tour with our own technical set up including lights, sou nd system, stands, cables, compu ter e tc. The show has an existing technical specifica tion and appropriate equipment has already been sourced.
The role involves:
- Working closely with the producers / Artistic Director / touring team of experienced performers to remount, rehearse and present the show
- Driving a transit sized van with all show materials between all venues and to collect/return equipment
- Producing risk assessments and ensuring safety in venues.
- Undertaking administrative duties in relation to the role pre, during and post tour as required.
- Managing and undertaking the get in, fit up and strikes of equipment, props (assisted by other team members)
- Reviewing, familiarising with and adapting as required the existing light and sound designs to ensure the show is presented to the highest possible standards
- Running the technical aspects of the show
- Working with mac pro and associated programmes such as q – lab, Nomad
- Joining meetings with the producer and Artistic Director
- Communicating with our equipment hire companies
- Exclusive full – time availability be tween 1 st – 23 rd May, then again for the autumn dates.
- Previous professional experience as a Touring Technician (light and live sound)
- Knowledge and experience of small – scale touring / previous e xperience of rural touring
- Excellent communication skills
- Full driving license and a be confident driving a van .
- Confidence in being fully responsible for all technical equipment set up and strike.
- Previous knowledge, experience and confidence working with q – lab and nomad programmes
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send an email of interest outlining your relevant experience and accompanied by a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline 18 March 2022 .
Successful candidate notified by: 30th March 2022 .
If you would like to submit an application in a different format, please contact us by email initially and we can discuss this with you.