‘Libraries and Rural Touring Arts’ – maximising the potential of our nation’s libraries.
National Rural Touring Forum to support touring into Libraries in a new national project funded by Arts Council England.
Latest Project News:
What is next for the TAIL project?
The TAIL project in its current form will come to an end this December. We’ll continue to share resources, library relevant touring work and offering mentoring support until then. The future of libraries as cultural hubs is exciting and full of opportunity so we hope that there is a chance to do more going forward..
Project contact: Jess Huffman
NRTF Project Manager
TAIL Project Directory of Library relevant Touring Shows:
- Do you have a show designed specifically for libraries?
- Or a show that could be adapted to work in a library setting?
- Or an idea that could be developed in collaboration with a library to suit their space or audience?
- Are you a scheme or arts organisation keen to tour an existing show more widely to library venues?
As part of our Touring Arts in Libraries (TAIL) Project, we are inviting artists to put work suitable for touring into libraries forward for our TAIL project Artists Directory by completing this form.
TAIL Project Summary
Funded by the Arts Council England, the National Rural Touring Forum (NRTF) present a new national ‘Touring Arts in Libraries’ TAIL Project which looks to explore the challenges and potential of our nation’s libraries to expand their service offer and diversify audiences through a programme of touring arts.
TAIL Project Aims & Ambitions
- Identify existing experience, expertise and knowledge through case studies
- Increase dialogue, networking opportunities and collaborations
- Increase skills and capacity of public libraries to programme toured work
- Provide mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Promote Rural Touring arts activities in Libraries.
- Support libraries to diversify their services and engage audiences
- Increase appetite and ambition of libraries
- Contribute to our national portfolio of relevant case studies
- Join our programme of networking events and forums
- Access new resources, toolkits, best practice guides
- Apply for Library specific commissions
- Attend our tailored TAIL Inspire programme
- Access mentors from across the UK
- Qualify for bursaries to attend the NRTF conference in June 2021
- Take up Go-See opportunities for relevant, Library specific work
- Feature as part of our national menu of Library specific work
- Benefit from free NRTF membership
This project has been made possible thanks to funding from Arts Council England.
Get Involved: Are you…
- A library looking to expand your cultural offer to audiences?
- A promoter looking for new ways to link up with your local library?
- A rural touring scheme looking for artists and Library specific work?
- An artist with a show or an idea that would work well in a library setting?
If you answered yes to any of the above then please contact us to find out what opportunities this project can offer you.
Whatever your sector or role, if you want to know more about this project please contact the NRTF Project Manager: Jess Huffman: email@example.com
Keep an eye on this page for
Project updates, news, opportunities, resources and toolkits, a programme of networking, training and go-see opportunities, arts in Library events happening across the UK and relevant sector stories.
Call Out for COVID Safe Ideas for Libraries
Are you a scheme, library or artist with work suitable for touring to libraries still in lockdown. We want to share your creative ideas so contact us and tell us more…
Library Project Call Out
Are you a librarian, a promoter, a rural touring scheme, an artist, local authority or arts organisation looking to enage with your local library through the arts? Then contact us now;
How we work with Libraries, Arts Council England
ALSO IN THIS SECTION
Jobs & Opportunities
Join NRTF for full access
Looking for Artists, Performers, Promoters and Venues to give the rural arts movement a stronger voice